Tenex Health TX™ Quick Reference
The Tenex Health TX System uses ultrasound imaging to guide the TX MicroTip™ to targeted tendon tissue, precisely cutting, breaking down and removing only the damaged soft tissue that causes pain.(Medically known as a Percutaneous Tenotomy or a Percutaneous Fasciotomy)
Tendon pain can be found in the shoulder, elbow, knee, ankle or foot. It is commonly known by the following names:
- Swimmer’s Shoulder / Shoulder pain – (Shoulder)
- Tennis / Golfer’s Elbow – (Elbow)
- Jumper’s / Runner’s Knee – (Knee)
- Achilles Tendon – (Ankle)
- Plantar Fasciitis – (Foot)
People who want to take back their lives!
- Individuals with chronic tendon pain – we call them “Silent Sufferers”
- Those individuals who have tried all, or a combination of, rest, cortisone injections, medication and physical therapy
- Patients who do not want to undergo an open surgical procedure with a lengthy recovery period
This procedure is typically performed in an office or surgery center with a local anesthetic used instead of general anesthesia.
- Quick pain relief
- Rapid return to normal activities
- Local anesthetic used instead of general anesthesia
- No sutures, no stitches (requires only a small, adhesive bandage)
- Minimally invasive procedure
- Quick recovery – typically back to light activity in days and normal activity levels in 4-6 weeks
Most patients are surprised at how little pain there is during the procedure. They have reported some discomfort during the administration of the numbing medicine and then little or no additional pain afterward. Patients may take an over-the-counter pain reliever if there is any swelling following the procedure.
Most insurance payers cover Tenex Health TX™, but we will need to check with your individual plan for coverage specifics. (Office staff: When coding, please use Percutaneous Tenotomy or Percutaneous Fasciotomy)
Tenex Health TX Essentials
Tenex Health TX™, a groundbreaking treatment for the relief of tendon and soft tissue related pain
For patients who suffer from tendon / soft tissue pain affecting the shoulder, elbow, knee, foot and ankle
Enables doctors to treat patients earlier in the pain process and with quicker recovery than with other alternatives such as traditional open surgery
Sophisticated ultrasonic technology designed to specifically break down and extract damaged tendon tissue while stimulating healing response and leaving healthy tissue unaffected
Performed in an office or outpatient setting in minutes, not hours.
- Safe—no contraindications
- Effective—most patients report almost immediate pain relief
- Minimally invasive—tiny opening requires only a small bandage with no stitches
- Convenient—1) performed in a doctor’s office or outpatient center in minutes, not hours 2) quicker return to normal activities, normally 2 – 6 weeks
See Tenex TX1 Technique for Tendinosis / Fasciitis for more information.