For building and practice locations, hours of operation and appointments:
730 N Diers Ave
Grand Island, NE 68803
Stop Summer Migraines
- Follow the forecast. Aside from following your local weatherman, patients can get a weather alert system to signal when there are changes in barometric pressure or increases in humidity on the horizon. These kinds of alert systems can help patients take precautions before a migraine starts.
- Invest in your eyes. Upgrade your sunglass to a quality lens that blocks rays and glares. Bright sunlight is a trigger for many individuals.
- Be Water Wise. Increasing your water intake during the summer months not only keeps you cool, but also helps your head. Avoid caffeine and alcohol, as these things dehydrate you, and can cause migraines in many people.
- Beat the heat. We know it’s hard to stay indoors when there’s a lot of fun going on, but switch your outside activities to early morning or to the evening to avoid high temps and bright sun.
- Take care of yourself. You know your migraine triggers, so be aware of things like the weather, food and drink, and other stimuli that set off an attack.
- Get relief. Medication can help some patients, but for many others, medication can increase the frequency of migraines when patients are not taking it. For long term relief, call Advanced Radiology at 1.855.201.1519 and ask about the SPG block procedure.
Please login first in order for you to submit comments